Saturday 8 October 2022

SUB CPU 90% complete

Very brief update.

I've made quite a bit of progress in the last 48hrs. The main data structures are more-or-less complete which has opened up quite a bit of code in the MAIN CPU for commenting. That will probably keep me going for a few more sessions before I need to stop and think too much again.

The SUB CPU is around 90% complete now. Much of the remaining code is concerned with adding objects that I haven't identified to the object table. I'm beginning to suspect that some of these 'objects' aren't in fact physical objects, but flags/placeholders for logic/events.

I've also had some insight into a small portion of the AI logic for the game; after recently reading on the Namco Wiki about how destroying the Zolbak (Detector Dome) will reduce the amount of enemies that appear, I came across that logic in the code.

There's a decent number of discrete variables in the code that will be more difficult to RE. That's not unusual for this type of exercise. I recall the last few variables in Knight Lore were stubbornly refusing to reveal their purpose!

No comments:

Post a Comment