Monday 2 January 2023

The fun is over. Now let the fun begin!

New Year check-in. Holiday is over and now it's time to recover from it! Will take a few days to get back into a routine. I also have to sort out my dead hard disk and set up my desktop computer - yet again.

No more work on Xevious since the last update but instead I did a bit of work on Donkey Kong. I updated the tools to convert the graphics and changed the rotation of all the tiles to match Xevious. I also updated the project structure in preparation for separating the core and Neo Geo code in the same way I have done for Xevious. I'm not sure how much work this will entail as I haven't looked at my Donkey Kong code for exactly 9 years now.

As it stands, Donkey Kong is running as I left it all those years ago, with the new rotation and project structure. And here it will probably remain while I revert my focus back to Xevious in the coming weeks.

Quick 'n' dirty fixes to get it running again

As I mentioned in earlier posts, time to fix a couple of minor bugs in the transcode and then onto wholesale optimisation of the Neo Geo code. And while that is happening, hopefully the Amiga port will start to take shape...

The core running on the Amiga, showing the foreground tile layer
Stay tuned!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment