Sunday 28 February 2021

2021: a space invaders odyssey

 Yes, it's been a while. A long while.

It's occurred to me recently that over the last several months I've been wasting an inordinate amount of time reading group posts on social media and scouring ads for retro games, and I figured I'd be much better off wasting that time working on Retro Ports.

And so I'm intending to attempt another resurrection of my retro development projects. Whilst I'm keen to get started on something new, I'm (again) going to try to finish off a few of my pending projects.

First cab off the rank is Space Invaders on the CoCo3; get that fully playable with or without sound.

Then I'll look at bringing Asteroids (again, CoCo3) up to speed with so-called pre-compiled sprites.

And I should release the full versions of Lode Runner and Championship Lode Runner on the CoCo3.

That leaves another couple of Asteroids ports (Apple IIc/IIGS and a TBA platform) and of course Donkey Kong on the Neo Geo which I last working on in 2013...

New (porting) projects under consideration include Karateka, Prince of Persia and Xevious, though I also have a few FPGA projects that need some updating on MiSTer, including the Irem M62 hardware amongst others.

But I'd better not get ahead of myself... stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! He's back. I'm checking every day because I always enjoy reading about what you're up to. Now, over to you ... :)

    ReplyDelete