Tuesday 13 April 2021

All sticking to the script (so far)...

Transcode is progressing well. I'm starting to get a better feel for the structure of the game. So far I haven't had to do any gymnastics to mimic the Z80 ASM code execution flow in C - but early days yet.

I've added an NMI (60Hz) and started on the transcoding of the handler, which drives all the main logic in the game. It's all script-driven which means jump tables everywhere. Because I want the C code to be as self-documenting as possible, it has meant some localised re-ordering of data structures and code to avoid pages and pages of declarations.

So far all the 'script' routines are stubs so I don't have anything (further) visually to show for it yet, but from what I've seen in the ASM code it shouldn't be too long before I start to see some text in attract mode.

My work schedule for the remainder of the week will be quite demanding though, so I'm not sure how much I'll get to work on it before the weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment