Friday 16 April 2021

Waiting for the demo...

 Transcoding is progressing nicely. The three attract mode screens (challenge, high scores and score table) are now complete, and the game cycles through to start the demo. The sequence and timing of events and colours and graphics all match what's happening in MAME (graphics corruption aside).


I've been tweaking the architecture as I go, improving a few things that I really should have done from the start. All hardware accesses are now done via 'osd_XXX' functions so the core Scramble code should be highly portable.

Starting to get to the fun bit now; the demo, which I'd think would comprise most of the functionality of the game itself. It's early days yet but the code is translating nicely to C and if it remains this straightforward, it'll be the easiest transcode I've done thus far. Given that Galaxian (same hardware) is supposed to be very similar software-wise, I'd be tempted to work on that next while it's all fresh in my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment