Tuesday 21 February 2023

Audit of the MAIN CPU ROM complete!

A couple of big sessions today and I've finally finished the audit of the Xevious MAIN CPU ROM!!!

No more bugfixes - in fact I flagged a possible 5th outstanding bug - but a substantial task out of the way.

Next up is the audit of the SUB CPU ROM, but it is a lot smaller than the MAIN; only 1/6th the number of lines and almost half of that is data. The code tends to be a little simpler as well, so I'm not expecting it to take more than a couple of sessions to complete.

That'll then leave bug fixes, and adding sound!

jotd is progessing well with the Amiga port, it's all-but-playable as-is. He has released a video in the last few days on YouTube. I'm trying to knock over the audit ASAP so I can assist with some of the details.

No comments:

Post a Comment