Friday 26 May 2017

Variables disclosed as I reconsider the Vectrex

After some discussion with jmk (which can be seen in the comments of the previous post) I'm now reconsidering a Vectrex port. Given there exist a few multi-carts with RAM expansions, I think there's still enough of an audience to make the port worthwhile, especially considering I'll have a 6809 core for the Coco3 - even if it is just a 'proof of concept' playable demo.

That decision aside, just as I was getting bogged down trying to determine the usage of the player data RAM blocks, I notice that much of the work has (recently?) been done for me on a well-known reverse-engineering website. It really is getting to the point where I should reveal the project...

But for now, I'll take this new information and persist with the reverse-engineering whilst the code is relatively self-explanatory. If and when I do hit another brick wall, I'll turn my hand to starting one or more of the ports. I have a deadline for the IIGS port at least...

No comments:

Post a Comment