Monday 7 November 2022

Milestone 1 complete!

Some free time this morning and I've managed to code the scrolling routine. It's brain-dead and brute-force, but the scrolling is derived directly from the hardware scroll register calculated in the original code. 

Title screen and scrolling map

There's plenty of optimisations that can be done for the video access, but that can be done later. More importantly for now, the tilemap functionality in the OSD (Neo Geo) layer is fully functional, which means I can focus on the transcode itself and not have any technical (Neo Geo) hardware issues to deal with - at least until I have enough of the code in place to start working on Xevious sprite support.

Here's a video of the game running thus far:


I'll work on transcoding more of the high-level code before tackling the sprites. The first instance of a sprite is the sparkle chaser on the logo; that'll probably be the first sprite I try to implement. Or maybe the Solvalou. Then I'll implement the sprites for the ground-based objects on the map...

No comments:

Post a Comment