Tuesday 15 July 2014

The Genesis of another port...

I couldn't contain my curiosity, so tonight I installed the SGDK - Sega Genesis Development Kit.

A few hiccups but nothing that further study of the sample makefiles couldn't solve. There's a bit of jumping through hoops to create a ROM image, but it's all in the generic Lode Runner makefile now, which is becoming a bit of a dog's breakfast, but I don't think I'll be adding too many more targets at this point in time.

Sega Genesis Lode Runner - admittedly not very impressive yet

Not particularly exciting output, but I was pleasantly surprised to see it on the very first attempt, given the number of steps in the makefile. My blind cut-and-paste skills must be strong!

I could add targets for Atari ST, (68K) Macintosh and X68000, but I'm going to stop myself here before it gets too silly. I need to actually finish off the C core and the ports that I do have before going any further. I'm also growing a little tired of Lode Runner, and want to start on a fresh port in the not-too-distant future.

No comments:

Post a Comment