Monday 24 August 2015

Dusting off Neo Kong

John Kowalski has remixed Donkey Kong on the Coco 3 (added additional gameplay elements) and is reportedly in the process of back-porting his code to the original arcade hardware!

Anyway, I thought I'd dust off the arcade disassembly and send him a copy, which then resulted in John asking me a few questions about my Neo Geo port. And since I don't have a video of the latest developments, I thought I'd record a quick one tonight and post it on the blog.


To re-iterate, the disassembly of the arcade original is roughly 50% complete, and accordingly the Neo Geo port is also roughly 50% complete. What remains is the ironing out of a bug when Mario jumps, then adding all of the dynamic objects in the game, scoring and sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment