Monday 18 January 2016

Getting some ZZZ's... makes my brain hurt?!?

Back to the grind this week and I've started to analyse the Z-order routine in detail. My brain definitely doesn't work like it used to; it's a painstakingly slow progress. Doesn't help that I only get fleeting sessions late at night to work on it. That said, I've had some 'ah hah' moments whilst lying in bed thinking about it too!

There are 27 cases differentiated of two objects and their relative positions; 7 of those result in recursion (causing other objects to be rendered first), another one (where the 2 objects actually intersect) does something for special objects only, and the rest result in the former object being rendered next. I understand the cases but not the groupings at this point...

No comments:

Post a Comment