Monday 28 March 2016

Lode Runner revisited.

Tonight I revisited my Coco3 port of Lode Runner, bringing the build mechanism into line with Knight Lore. Again, this means a single build for cart/disk and I also added a splash screen to the game code rather than patching from a BASIC loader. On the down side, mono and colour variants are now different builds and different images - but the pros outweigh the cons.

I still need to fix some very minor issues, all introduced with the new build mechanism, and then I'll release the latest beta demo; I fixed the GAME OVER graphics in the monochrome build many many months ago.

I should probably get the cart designed and built once Knight Lore is complete so I can actually release the full game, before starting on the next port! ;) After all, no point developing it and have it sit on my hard disk unable to be enjoyed by anyone else, especially since Lode Runner is such an awesome game!

No comments:

Post a Comment