Without further ado, here's what I managed to concoct this evening.
|Background objects rendered approximately correctly|
Firstly, the sun/moon animates across the frame and the days increment. Only the background objects (which incidentally includes the player) are rendered and there's actually two more steps until they're placed in exactly the right position. First, a lot of objects have static X,Y adjustments applied during the object update routines, which are currently not implemented. Secondly, the sprite routines still only render at byte-aligned addresses. Regardless, the above screen shot suggests that things are looking pretty good otherwise.
Next task is to implement pixel-granularity sprite rendering. The sun/moon should then move smoothly across the frame and the background objects will be closer to their correct positions. I've already constructed the requisite look-up tables, just need to enhance the rendering routine. I've got a little more time tonight so I might squeeze in an update.
UPDATE: A bit of a late night but rendering is now pixel-granularity!
|Look closely, it is better than the above screen shot|